Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: 291-A or 288-C in 511E, WTB?

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member Earl K's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    513
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Post

    FWIW ( & really not that much help regarding the OPs' original question ) but ; the ceramic magneted 291s did exist, & for quite a while.

    Here's one ( from the 1983 catalogue ) ;

    6

    & finally from the 1990 catalogue ;
    7

    regards <> Earl K

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member
    291-A or 288-C in 511E, WTB?


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    You guys are right, I was just spacing out...hey in 1983 I was still recovering from the 70's!

    The 291 ceramics aren't real common though. I think I've only ever seen one pair...for some reason seem to be a lot more 288 and 299, that's frankly why I forgot about them.

    I really was trying to address the 291/288 Alnicos, I might have fact checked myself otherwise. When ya get my age...what was I saying again?

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member speakerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2004
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    O.G. you are right, the 291 that looks just like a 288G is a -16B. This I think would be the sleeper to look for, since they are the same as the 288-G save for the diaphragm and sell for significantly less on ebay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.